Below is a selection of some of the babies and children’s names I’ve photographed in the last year (2018). I’m also sharing my 10 top tips for choosing a Baby name.
I’m not sure that I can actually list all of the babies and children I’ve had the pleasure of photographing! Simply because this could well be a very long list, but hopefully this will be an interesting reading for you.
I’d say Charlie, Sebastian and Leo did appear at least two or 3 times in my list for last year. Here goes:
11 Tips to help you when choosing a name
- How does it sound with the surname?
- Is it easy to pronounce and spell?
- If it can be shortened do you like the shortened version. If not, is it the right name/are you happy to put up with that?
- Do you both love the name?
- Does it suit your baby? Yes I know, this is a tough one!
- How does it sound with your other children’s names?
- What do the initials spell out?
- Is it popular? Do you mind that?
- Is having a a gender neutral name important to you?
- Does the name age well?
- Lastly, does name significance and meaning play a part?
Did you find this post on choosing a baby name useful?
If so, and you’d like to see more names from my previous years of photographing babies and children, let me know by leaving a comment below and I’ll share those too!
You’re very welcome 🙂
Samantha is a multi- award winning Portrait, Family, Maternity and Newborn Photographer based in North London. She covers London, Essex and Hertfordshire. Samantha can travel to your home or a place of your choice for your session.
Bookings: Contact Samantha